Saturday, September 20, 2014

NYX Powder Blush in "Mocha"

I've been hovering over reviews on NYX blush for awhile, and when my Target finally put NYX back on its shelves, I jumped at the chance to try it out. I would describe "Mocha" as a gorgeous, subtle dusty rose color, but it can easily be built up to a more vibrant shade, the more you apply.

Here is a swatch:

It is a very nice, matte texture, and applies very evenly. I find that I'm straying away from anything too shimmery lately, so I am especially happy about the matte factor. At first it went on very light, but I think that was because I started out with a clean brush, and the product tucked up into the bristles a little bit. 

Just applied to my right (your left) cheek:

I find that I actually enjoy having a blush go on lightly, because I'd rather slowly layer on the color than suddenly apply too much. But this blush is not lacking in pigment or color by any means. 

Both cheeks:

After a few hours, the color had faded a little bit, but I normally expect that of a powder blush. Just a little touch up and my cheeks were glowing again.
I will definitely be keeping this, and using often. It gets my thumbs-up approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment