Saturday, February 21, 2015

Revlon Colorstay 24h Foundation


This discovery all started with my last foundation by Cover FX (Check out the review here). After I got color matched at Sephora, I decided to look up my number (1Y03) and see what other choices I had. I noticed that I had a color match with Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation, which I've heard many people rave about, so I was looking into trying it out when I saw all the videos and reviews comparing the Double Wear to Revlon's Colorstay. I figured I would save a nice chunk of cash and try out Revlon first. I went for the Combination/Oily formula, but it also comes in a Normal/Dry skin formula.


As you can see, I ended up buying five different shades before I settled on one. 


I found that most of the shades had pinky-beige undertones, which show up on my face as that icky, I-can-see-your-foundation look. After looking up more swatches and reading other people's reviews, I went back to the store and picked up Sand Beige, which ended up suiting my skin best. It was the right shade, while leaning towards having yellow undertones, which is what looks best on me. 



It applies very smoothly, and is easy to blend in. It doesn't get cakey, or "stuck" before you are done blending. It has a very pleasant, very light scent to it as well. It is a medium to full coverage, even when I mixed it with my facial lotion, it still gave me a medium coverage. Here are photos of it applied, then with powder, then full finished face:





The finish is matte, with just a touch of the softest sheen, not at all glowing or shiny or greasy. It claims to last 24 hours, but I wasn't about to test that out. Instead I put it through two hours of dance class in addition to wearing it all day. As the sweat started rolling down my face, I could feel the foundation on my face in a not so pleasant way. Not a deal-breaker, though. At the end of the day, if I dragged my finger across my face, the foundation actually pilled up and rolled off my skin in little balls, which was very strange. I think it had a lot to do with how much I sweat in ballet class. Still, not a deal-breaker if you don't plan on going through some intense physical activity in your day.  And it didn't move as long as I didn't touch it, anyway. Especially for the price (I got mine at Target for $10), this is a great alternative to much more expensive department store brands. 




The shade do change a bit after they dry and oxidate, as do pretty much all foundations, so no biggie here. Overall, I say it is definitely worth a try if you are looking for a medium/full coverage foundation for combination/oily skin. 
Click here for my video demonstration! 



No comments:

Post a Comment